Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Moments

This is a photo of my sister putting make-up on my dad. Last saturday my brother in law was shooting stock photography and each member of my family had a position. The window light is hitting my sister, making her the main focus. I took it at this moment because my sister was concentrating on my dads face, focused on her work.
One evening at the skatepark the sky was brilliant, but i wasn't able to get a shot of my friend with detail. So i decided to get a silhouette of him grinding the coping. It really looks like he is grinding the horizon line dividing sky and land, this is a nice addition.
This was taken at Mt. Royal on a sunday about two weeks ago. People hangout there all day and this couple decided to bring a hammock. I took this at he moment they both raised there hands to block the blinding sun. I took this image because of the interesting location of them between and under the trees.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your 2nd picture! The colours in the sky are simply amazing and the skateboarder's silhouette is perfectly placed. It's interesting, as you say, that he looks like he's grinding the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three strong images. Well done.

    The intensity in your sister's face as she carefully applies make-up is very well captured.

    ReplyDelete