Thursday, November 26, 2009

Still Life

Here is my window lighting shot. It was actually lit from a sky light in my dining room. My mom was holding up a nice table clothe, and i asked her to drop it so i could capture it in movement. The purpose was to elevate the idea of movement.
This is the shot i took at f/1.8 in the studio. I did a square crop to get ride of the black space on the top.
this is the shot i took at f/11 in the studio. I cropped it because there was unnecessary grey on the bottom, i think the crop worked.


This was a fun assignment. Although i wished my mother would have let me take her sculpture too school, but she doesn't trust me with her nice things. I had to beg her for her scarf and bracelet.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Harrison.
    I really like your dancing girl. You show me the big difference with changing just simple background.
    Definitely, I feel her movement. Bright idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Julee says, the motion blur in the background for the dancing girl is a clever idea. I would crop slightly less tightly, to give her more room to move.

    Good pictures of the ring.

    ReplyDelete